For information on Mortgages and COVID-19 click here
Credit Cards and Personal Loans
We are continuing to offer support to our customers as the effects of Covid-19 continue to impact our society.
- We do not charge for contactless transactions, available for purchases up to €50.
- For customers on a payment break, our dedicated Customer Support team will be in contact with you to discuss your options should you need additional support.
Please continue to be alert to suspicious phone calls, texts or emails from anyone claiming to be from us with a message about Covid-19. Trusted organisations will NEVER ask you for your full PIN, password, card number, One Time Password, or ask you to move money from your account.
Frequently asked questions
I am in financial difficulty as a result of Covid-19, what can I do?
Avant Money currently offers support to customers in financial difficulty, including appropriate treatment options based on your individual circumstances. Our team is available if you would like to discuss this with them.
Concerns about travelling
If you are concerned about proceeding with travel arrangements, please contact the company you have booked with for further guidance. If you are looking for a refund, Avant Money can help in the following circumstances:
- If you decide not to travel, but the flight and accommodation is still available, we cannot dispute this as merchant has not broken the terms and conditions and the service is still available.
- If the airline cancels the flights, or hotel cancels the accommodation and offers a refund within a certain time frame, you should give them at least 15 business days to process the refunds, and in the event they do not, you should contact us to investigate for you.
I have goods/services on order from a company who has gone out of business/into liquidation.
If a company advises that they have gone into liquidation, this means they will not be able to provide you with the product or service you have paid for. Under credit card regulations, we can help you claim a refund (called a ‘dispute’). What you need to do is:
- Have confirmation of the goods/service ordered, for example a receipt or invoice. This should include the order number and date of the transaction
- Confirmation from the merchant that they have gone into liquidation and that they cannot supply you with the goods/service (although if that information is in the public domain, this may not be necessary).
- Once you have the above information, call our Customer Service team on 0818 409 511 and they will start your claim.
How can I make payment to my account?
You can make payments in our automated telephony system, your online banking account, directly from your bank online, or in your local Post Office. You can find more information here: